You know that feeling when you feel like you’re all over the place? Where you don’t know your left from your right or accidentally put the cereal box in the refrigerator cause your mind is somewhere else? Yeah… that’s me right now.
Jorge and I are suppose to move in 9 days, yet, I haven’t packed a box! Then there’s the fact that we lost our apartment last Friday. Yup, I said it. Lost. Unfortunately the Realty Company chose to close the deal with someone else instead of us, even though we placed our hold deposit and filled out the paper work before this person who got the apartment. When we tried to contact the realtors to inquire what happened, they completely avoided us. It’s been a nightmare!
Last weekend was the first weekend that didn’t have any sessions — it was perfect timing. I used the time to recollect myself and made a list goals I would like to have done before the end of May and started one for June. One of the photogs that I follow encouraged this. Every month she shares her goals, both personal and business. At first I was skeptical, why would anyone share so much about their life and business? That’s when I took notice the positive feedback she was getting; people were sharing their personal experience on a subject matter and provided encouragement.
I realized I’m more scared of putting myself out there. Sharing the different stages of my business and what’s going on in my little non-exciting life makes me feel vulnerable. But at the same time, I know it will help me connect to other photogs and people. So here goes nothing…
1. Find an apartment! We were trying to move into a single or 2 family home, but at this point we have to settle for moving into another apartment complex. God-willing we find something this week!
2. Start Packing. I can be such a procrastinator sometimes, but I still manage to get them done in time. Call me a masochist, but I feel I work better under pressure (no bueno).
3. Give Oppa and Bunny their seasonal baths. They are shedding their winter coat, bunny hair is everywhere!
4. Sort the massive mountain of papers growing on my desk.
5. Paint the apartment right after moving day.
1. Network! Since ReStart, I’ve connected with only 3 photographers. I need to network and put myself out there! “Hi, I’m Vanessa, nice to meet you”… (I feel like a cheese-ball).
2. Marketing. This one is tricky. I really don’t know how to start with this one. I need to sit down and find a way that I want to market myself. Where, when and how!?
3. Shoot upcoming Bridal Shower. This one is a new for me. I’ve never shot a bridal shower before, but one of my brides requested if I can capture hers. I’m actually excited cause I absolute adore her and I know it will be fabulous.
Well, that wasn’t TOO bad. I have a feeling June is going to be a bigger list. But for now, how about I share one of my favorites from Kumar and Rita’s Engagement Ceremony.