Friday, June 3rd was my 29th birthday. That means this is my last year in my 20s! I’m pretty sure the world is going to end… Well… Not end, maybe I’m being just a tad bit dramatic. But you get where I’m going with this. The thought of turning 30 feels… SO grown up. But what does that even mean?
I’m a firm believer that you are only as old as you act. Although there were certain aspects of my life that required me to grow up fast, such as helping my mother with my baby brother at 12 years old or renting my first apartment at 18 — I believe by keeping a light heart with a large dose of humor makes life much more enjoyable. At 29, I am still the goofy girl in drama class of high school and a believer of Disney.
To commemorate my 29th, I figure I’d share 29 interesting facts about me. Some of them you may already know!
- My love to unicorns is real. I own a mask. Enough said.
- I love Jesus!
- My husband Jorge is my best friend.
- I love the color purple, but if I had to pick its lavender!
- If I could live off of mash potatoes, I would.
- I drink at least 2-3 cups of coffee a day.
- When I buy a house I plan to have a rabbit farm.
- Family and friends are always first.
- I’m a action pack girl, I love all Marvel, Batman, Superman, Star Wars movies, the list goes on…
- Super Nintendo was that start of my love affair with video games. I’ve played and have all game systems, but Playstation is my favorite with Tomb Raider, Metal Gear Solid, Zelda, and Kingdom Hearts as my top favorites.
- Although I can live in yoga pants, I love dressing up! Handbags and shoes are my weakness. And Kate Spade gets me every time.
- My shoes have more closest space than Jorge’s clothes.
- I don’t watch many TV shows but some of the few I enjoy watching are Walking Dead, Reign, Vampire Diaries, Keeping up the the Kardashians (yes, don’t judge!), COPS, Breaking Bad, so-on…
- I’m a sucker for romance, my favorite movie to this day is Moulin Rouge!
- Jorge’s nickname Poohbear came from my love for Winnie the Pooh. I mean who doesn’t love a cuddly bear who loves honey and his friends!?
- I go to the gym part time. My discipline for the gym is close to zero.
- I would like to eat healthy, but how can I when there are things like Snickers and cheesecakes in the world!?
- Baking my not be my strongest skill but I love to cook!
- Some people call me a masochist because I actually ENJOY cleaning… it goes with my OCD habits.
- I listen to all types of music except country… I just haven’t gotten into it yet.
- If I had a choice between wine and beer, wine always wins.
- I am guilty for wearing my heart on my sleeve.
- Breaking a promise is not an option in my book.
- I secretly want a tattoo, only if I wasn’t scared of needles…
- HATE is not a strong enough emotion to express my feelings for spiders and clowns.
- Being stuck at home on rainy days are my absolute favorite!
- Target is the devil. I can never go inside just for ONE thing.
- I read about 2-3 books a month. If it wasn’t for the Kindle I would have a house full of books.
- I can’t sleep in the dark alone.
There you have it! This is just the tip of the ice-berg. A lot of random stuff, but these are all habits and characteristics I’ve gain in my 29 years of being in this world. Hm… Maybe it’s not the end of the world after all… Cheers to 29!